National Computer Emergency Response Team has been established in Kazakhstan (KZ-CERT):
- monitoring and detection of internet resources violationg law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- elaboration of propositions and recommendations on guarding the interests of person, society and state in information space;
- provide information security consulting services;
- fast and thorough gathering of information about cyber attacks or other suspicious activities.
- coordination of public and telecommunication operators’ cyber security units and other actors of national information infrastructure in the issues regarding prevention of violations in information and communication technologies;
- collection, analysis and storing information concerning existing threats to cybersecurity and effectiveness of implemented security measures
06 December 2013
Experts Detected 344 Thousand Malicious Sites within 30 Days
56 503 among detected malicious recourses related to spam distribution, and 114 110 sites contain phishing pages.
Experts of Commtouch Company that deal with cyber security issues for the last 30 days detected 343 927 new malicious sites. Among them 56 503 are related to spam distribution, and 114 110 are phishing sites. According to researchers, the number of resources specially crafted by attackers to perpetrate criminal activity is tremendously growing – every day in...
03 December 2013
Increase in Spam Is Observed
According to Symantec data, the spam volume within e-mail traffic is continuing to increase. In October 2013 it reaches the level 67.7% that 1.3 percent higher than the same values in September. The highest values were observed in Shree-Lanka (81.2%), as well as in education field (68.8%) and chemical and pharmaceutical industries (68.6%).
Among the top countries - e-mail spam originators were USA with the share in October - 6.90%, Finland with the share - 6.87% and others. In the words...
29 November 2013
New Trojan Hunts for the Amateurs of Free Music and Video
Russian antivirus software producer - «Dr.Web» informs about distribution of new malware – Trojan.Lyrics on resources that offers free music listening, films reviewing and gaming online. This malicious program create a lot of problems, particularly, demonstrates annoying adds without knowledge of user and opens within the browser the sites with suspicious content.
The potential victims of Trojan.Lyrics (the original application might has different names e.g. AddLyrics, LyricsFinder,...