In Kazakhstan National Computer Emergency Response Team (KZ-CERT) was founded in 2011.
- monitoring and detection of internet resources violationg law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- elaboration of propositions and recommendations on guarding the interests of person, society and state in information space;
- provide information security consulting services;
- fast and thorough gathering of information about cyber attacks or other suspicious activities.
- coordination of public and telecommunication operators’ cyber security units and other actors of national information infrastructure in the issues regarding prevention of violations in information and communication technologies;
- collection, analysis and storing information concerning existing threats to cybersecurity and effectiveness of implemented security measures
19 January 2016
About website unavailability
In January, 20 since 19:00 to 22:00 due to implementation of scheduled maintenance the website of Computer Emergency Response Team will be unavailable.
12 November 2015
Decoding the Vault files
Computer Emergency Response Team KZ-CERT reports about two currently known utilities that allow decryption of files encrypted by malicious object generating files with .vault extension.
The data encrypted during experiment has been successfully decoded. This experiment does not guarantee a successful decoding in all cases.
More about Dr. Web’s methods of deciphering data, you can find here .
Utility to decrypt data from Kaspersky Lab is available for download at this link....
06 November 2015
Recommendations to prevent infection by malicious encryption ransomware such as Vault and others
Computer Emergency Response Team KZ-CERT alarms the users about recent massive distribution of letters with malicious attachments able to encrypt data of popular formats: office documents (Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, 1C databases, images, archive files and others).
As a rule, the letter contains file in attachment or reference to it (the format might be different, we met exe , scr files (programs) and js scripts). In theory, the methods of format masquerading might be used,...