National Computer Emergency Response Team has been established in Kazakhstan (KZ-CERT):
- monitoring and detection of internet resources violationg law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- elaboration of propositions and recommendations on guarding the interests of person, society and state in information space;
- provide information security consulting services;
- fast and thorough gathering of information about cyber attacks or other suspicious activities.
- coordination of public and telecommunication operators’ cyber security units and other actors of national information infrastructure in the issues regarding prevention of violations in information and communication technologies;
- collection, analysis and storing information concerning existing threats to cybersecurity and effectiveness of implemented security measures
22 July 2014
Fraudsters forged 77% Top 50 Google Play apps
Fake applications that are actually designed to steal personal data of users are increasingly targeting the users of phones based on Android. This is the conclusion reached by researchers from Trend Micro as part of its investigation.
The company took the top 50 free apps in Google Play and found that fraudsters forged 77% of all applications. Fake programs often look like real and have the same functions, but may be malicious.
Trend Micro from Tokyo has noted the existence of 890,482...
18 July 2014
Disclosure: Insecure Nonce Generation in WPtouch
If you use the popular WPtouch plugin (5m+ downloads) on your WordPress website, you should update it immediately.
During a routine audit for our WAF, we discovered a very dangerous vulnerability that could potentially allow a user with no administrative privileges, who was logged in (like a subscriber or an author), to upload PHP files to the target server. Someone with bad intentions could upload PHP backdoors or other malicious malware and basically take over the site. So to make a...
15 July 2014
The Father of Zeus: Kronos Malware Discovered
While major players like Zeus , Gozi , Citadel and other advanced financial malware dominate the malware threat landscape, newcomers and challengers always try to get a share of the cyber crime market. One such new malware that was recently made available for purchase in a Russian underground forum is the Kronos malware . With a $7,000 price tag, this malware offers multiple modules for evading detection and analysis as well as an option to test the malware for a week prior to...