In Kazakhstan National Computer Emergency Response Team (KZ-CERT) was founded in 2011.
- monitoring and detection of internet resources violationg law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- elaboration of propositions and recommendations on guarding the interests of person, society and state in information space;
- provide information security consulting services;
- fast and thorough gathering of information about cyber attacks or other suspicious activities.
- coordination of public and telecommunication operators’ cyber security units and other actors of national information infrastructure in the issues regarding prevention of violations in information and communication technologies;
- collection, analysis and storing information concerning existing threats to cybersecurity and effectiveness of implemented security measures
25 May 2015
New Trojan is detected that masquerades itself as a PuTTY
Experts of Symantec detect new malicious version of PuTTY SSH-client giving the possibility to get access to victim’s computer and steal information. Trojan distribution started at the end of 2013, however, at that moment its distribution was negligible.
By using Trojan based on PuTTY code the attackers redirect the user from compromised third-party developer’s website to self-crated resource. In case if malicious version of PuTTY used to establish connection to other computer or...
22 May 2015
Ignore spam in WhatsApp
International antivirus company ESET alerts their users of popular WhatsApp messenger about new wave of spam.
WhatsApp mobile application in April 2015 overcomes the threshold of 800 million active users monthly. Jan Koum, the founder and CEO of the service, performed this information. According to predictions of present owners (in February 2014 Facebook has acquired the messenger), till the end of 2015 the number of users overcomes 1 milliard people.
In last several days, WhatsApp...
21 May 2015
Defense against crypto Trojans – quick help video!
Dr. Web Support Service added new training video about defense against crypto Trojans that turn the users’ data into unreadable files. In few minutes, you will know about necessary measures to avoid the infection by crypto Trojan, and get practical advises to recover encrypted files.
The crypto Trojans of Trojan.Encoder family despite the encrypting, demand the ransom from users to decrypt the files. This threat was known for a long time, but only recently gets the catastrophic...